UK government support for British businesses
BEIS is publishing a Transition Bulletin to help UK businesses prepare for changes that will take effect from 1 January 2021. Businesses and stakeholders can subscribe.
DIT published details of the UK’s new tariff regime, the UK Global Tariff (UKGT). This will enter into force on 1 January 2021, replacing the EU’s Common External Tariff. More information can be found here GOV.UK press release and UK Global Tariff guidance.
The Government’s Business Support Helpline, which provides free advice for businesses in England, has changed its phone number to FREEPHONE 0800 998 1098.
List of resources:
- COVID-19 financial support finder tool
- COVID-19 business support homepage
- DIT COVID-19 guidance for UK businesses trading internationally
- Report trade barriers on great.gov.uk
- Overseas travel advice
- COVID-19 transport and travel guidance
- Sign-up for GOV.UK COVID-19 alerts
- Sign up to BEIS’ COVID-19 Business and Employer Bulletin
- List of VAC centres open in the UK from 1st June 2020 (where local restrictions allow)
- Changes in the UK border procedure owing to COVID-19
- DIT webinars designed to assist UK SMEs during the COVID period
- gov.uk/transition (domestic)
- great.gov.uk/transition (international)
- Businesses can submit queries on great.gov.uk (domestic) or great.gov.uk/international (international).
- Sign up to BEIS’ Transition Business and Employer Bulletin